Monday, March 12, 2012

Meet Elisabeth - Fashion Contributor

Name: Elisabeth Pena
Age: 20 (21 in approx 51 days!!!)
Month you were born: April
Hometown: Caldwell, ID
Current City: Caldwell, ID
Occupation/Vocation: Nursing Student at NNU
Hobbies/Activities: I love a good adventure or two in the outdoors, but in the recent cold months I have been burying myself in books, particularly Kurt Vonnegut novels. I enjoy retreating to the Flying M for a delicious vanilla soy latte and a good read.
Website/Blog/Facebook: Tumblr / instagram or twitter: elisabethpena / Facebook
/ Pinterest / My craft projects can be viewed HERE



Some Favorites: 
[Most of these are recent favorites, and not necessarily “all-time” favorites.]

Color(s) = gold, turquoise, maroon, and black
Book(s) / Author(s) = Kurt Vonnegut - Slaughter-House Five, Cat’s Cradle, Galapagos; the Catcher in the Rye, the Bell Jar, Nine Stories, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Musical Artist(s) = Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, Widowspeak, La Sera, mewithoutYou, Balam Acab, LOOM (Brooke Manning), Gayngs, The National, Sufjan Stevens, St. Vincent, Girls, Craft Spells, Fireworks, NFG, Brand New
Music Genre(s) = Indie, Pop-Punk, Folk, Dream-Pop....
Movie(s) = Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Tree of Life,  8 and 1/2, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Pulp Fiction, Donnie Darko
Animal(s) = Owls
Article(s) of clothing = a good bandeau - the basis of nearly all my outfits
Fashion Accessories = turban headbands and necklaces


Fashion/Style Questions

Out of everyone - celebrities, dead people, and even your friends and family; Who is your style Icon right now and why?
Forever and always Audrey Hepburn. She is extremely classy, yet absolutely adorable. Her style is outstanding in every way. Occasionally I’ll go for the grunge look which isn’t really Audrey, but a majority of my inspiration is from her.

How would you describe your personal style?
Ever-changing. I don’t really have a consistent style. One day I’ll rock high-waisted pants and a button-up, then jeans, a crew-neck and a denim vest. I love mixing items of clothing to create new outfits. Typically, I’m either fairly dressy - dress, skirt, heals, button-up or quite casual - jeans, tee, crew-neck.

What is your favorite clothing combination?
Recently, I have been in LOVE with maxi skirts. And I always love a good pair of high-waisted pants, skirts, or shorts. I’m a fan of the high-waist.

Where do you buy/get the majority of your clothing?
Any and ALL sales racks - honestly it’s a rare thing for me to buy anything at full price... Stores that I typically shop at: the White Pine, Macy’s, JcPenny’s, Kohl’s, Saver’s, DI, Forever 21, and Urban Outfitters. Also, I have been straying from the “junior” department and venturing into “Women” - look at me growing up!

What of your outfits is your favorite?


Which is most comfy? 

Most you? 

Most perfect for going out?

Honorable Mentions:





Which do you most prefer & why - Thrift Stores or Department/Malls?
Thrift stores, but overall mainly local businesses. I really don’t like spending too much on clothing. Honestly, I’m pretty cheap. However, I am willing to spend more at a local business, because I know where I’m investing. Plus, I love being able to develop a relationship with store owners. I’ve received some of my best deals from local businesses and love being able to support them.

What are the best deals/finds you’ve encountered?
Recently I have found some super good deals at Kohl’s and Macy’s. I ALWAYS look for a sales rack at any store.


Are you interested in ‘Do It Yourself‘?
Definitely. I have made a bunch of hair accessories, scarves, necklaces, and other accessories.

Do you do DIY’s? If so what is the favorite thing you’ve done?
I made a sweet dreamcatcher necklace out of items I just had around the house. I didn’t have to buy anything new and I really liked how it turned out. Plus, it was a great craft to do with friends. Inexpensive and easy!


Some Questions About You

Where do you like to be the majority of your time?
Home, the Flying M, and school

Are you most likely to be home or out somewhere?
It’s probably about 50/50. If I’m not home I’m probably at the Flying M.

Who is one of your role models?
My mom. She’s been a huge inspiration through-out my life. One of the reasons I was so interested in pursuing nursing was because of her. When I was about 6 my mom went back to school to become a nurse. In addition to inspiring me in my career, she has also always helped me with my crafts and projects. As I grew up she was extremely crafty and always did projects with my siblings and me. She taught me how to sew, knit, and other necessary crafting skills. Every day I notice more and more how similar the both of us are and I love it.

If you’re having a bad day, what do you do to help brighten up your mood?
Read some Vonnegut. But if I can’t seem to quiet my mind enough for that, I’ll watch something really funny like Workaholics or Portlandia. 

What is one of your goals to achieve this year?
Make a quilt

What do you like best about fashion?
Feeling well-dressed and cute puts me in a great mood. Even if I’m just wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Putting in that effort to look presentable makes me feel good. Everyone deserves that feeling.

Where do you find the most peace?
When I’m doing yoga


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!