Monday, March 19, 2012

A Little Bit of Spring, A Little Bit of Green


St. Patrick's Day was Saturday! I haven't really celebrated it much really. Not because I hate it or anything, but because I had no real reason to in the past. Sometimes I wouldn't even forget to wear green, but that wasn't fun because I'd be the one that got pinched all day. Ugh...




This year, we decided to take advantage of the holiday and do a themed weekend. It made sense because Brian is half Irish. He also has relatives in Ireland, one being a famous singer. And, well, he looks pretty Irish too. AND, I always liked Irish people and their music and where they live, all green and pretty. Sigh. So, we planned to drink Irish booze, eat Irish food, and listen to Irish music. And that's exactly what we did.


I had a plan to wear a really obvious St. Patrick's Day inspired outfit for a holiday blog post, but it didn't really turn out that way. In fact, all the green items of clothing I have, such a small amount it is even though I like green, didn't work with anything that would have been worth sharing on here. Instead I opted for something that could go with the beginning of Spring and I whipped up a new outfit, yet again, out of no where, and ended up really liking. I definitely plan to wear it a few times more when the weather warms up. And there is some green in the dress, so it worked out!

I look pouty, but I wasn't going for it. It just happened.
It was kind of rainy and kind of cold out all last week and weekend. It fit for the day though since Ireland is rather cold and rainy most of the time and the rain made everything even more green. Spring is definitely here, the warmth just hasn't caught up yet. The dress is a sleeveless floral from Macy's. The quality wasn't worth the price, but I like it anyhow. Would be better to wait for sales though or just make one yourself because somehow that would be far better than buying something at Macy's. I'm not really a big fan of that store. This dress is the last thing I bought there and it's a pain to wear because of the quality, and it's already sort of falling apart, so I don't wear it very much even though I like it. Luckily I am handy with thread and needle so I can fix it if I need to.


The pink thing is originally from Old Navy, but I think I got it as a hand-me-down from someone a long time ago and my mom found it recently at her house. I forgot I ever had it and it was neat to find a use for it because I love the color and it's so soft. It's perfect for Spring too. I changed up the oxfords from Target. I took out the laces and wore them without socks. It's a look I really like for Spring and can't wait to wear them like that later on without getting cold. haha.


I incorporated a little green in the look for St. Patrick's Day. Got some neat little things from the dollar store [Dollar Tree]. It's a fun place to shop for accessories and silly what-nots, as well as house hold items that are sometimes better than the big department stores. For example, I got a pizza cutter from Dollar Tree that was very high quality and was far better then anything I found at any bigger store for more money. To get something as nice as we got was like $30. No kidding. Anywho, I got cute children barrettes. Brian digs them. Just for fun and a pop of green I tied two shoe laces around my wrist.


I wanted green nail polish. It didn't turn out as I wanted. Looked more like swamp water or something worse. I wanted something a lot more green and way less yellow.


 Another outfit idea to go with this dress, something a little warmer.


I love these colors together. Gray is tied with blue as my favorite colors. :)


Thanks for reading! Hope your weekend was nice!


- MaryAnne

[All the photos in this post were taken by Brian [my awesome hubs]. We wanted something that fit the theme idea of Ireland. T'was fun.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!