Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer!

Take Three Tanks!


It's the day after the first day of Summer and today was the hottest day of the year so far. It was something near 100 degrees. Idaho has been unseasonably cool this year. I've been enjoying it while I can. I figured this was the best day to feature my favorite comfortable tank-top looks.


I was going through a box of clothes from a clothing swap I had a month or two back. It was the box of leftovers no one wanted that I was going to take to a thrift store. Good thing I took an extra look because I ended up deciding to keep a few things and the tank-top shown above and below was one of them. For some reason wacky colored patterned things look good on me. Maybe they show off my cutesy, kid side. And colors are always really fun to wear in the summer and the more color the better!

This is a super basic outfit - a tank, a pair of comfy warn shorts, and a pair of $1 flip-flops. This outfit is ideal for sweating in. It gives the wearer the freedom to play and still look ultra cute, and well, pretty hot too.


The 2nd look is a tank I got at Re-Style in Boise. Almost all of their clothing is under $5 and is usually in great condition. I paired it with skinny jeans, though perhaps the jeans look is for later in the day. They can cook your legs pretty good in the sun. There's an on-going debate about whether these jeans are black or dark blue. I'm still scratching my head.


The third look is a more 'flirty' outfit, very appealing to the guys, yet still modest and extremely comfy.  It's a great day out/first date outfit. You can dress it up with nice flats or heels and maybe a mini cardi when night falls.

The skirt was once a full length maxi. I shortened it because I dig minis. And it has pockets! A neat way to get cool skirts cheap, is to buy them second hand and then just adjust the hem to your desired length. I have a few more I've been meaning to shorten. Also, you can take a maxi-skirt and wear it as a dress!



$1 flip-flops. Collect them all! That's what I plan to do. ;)



Happy Summer! Thanks for reading!

- MaryAnne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!