Monday, January 30, 2012

A Day in Winter

Brian and I took a mini-holiday over the weekend. We had to go to the snow since it wouldn't come to us. Not long enough to enjoy anyway. We went up to the Cascade/McCall area and yay, snow!



I decided to take advantage of this exertion to do a little fashion shoot for me to share with you on here. This outfit is one I put together completely last minute. Actually, it was even the planned outfit that I brought from home. Instead it was a mix of things from the suitcase that I brought to go with completely different things. It really worked for the snow look and lucky for me the sun was warm and I wasn't cold at all during the time we took these photos.


What's on Top: Two tops. I found both tops at a place called The Free Store. It's a place where people dump off stuff they don't want anymore and are able to take whatever they want, for free. The floral print is from Forever 21. It's very comfortable and soft and delicious. It has a knitted design in the front. The pattern black and white is from Wet Seal and you will be seeing that a couple more times in other preppy looks I've put together.



I got the skirt at Re-Style. It was a very long skirt. I shortened it. I love that it has pockets! I have other skirts too that I'd like to shorten as well and when I do I'll show you! :)



The shoes were also found at Re-Style. Another find for a $1. They fit my style perfectly. And they, like everything else, are so comfortable. I can't wait to wear them more in the spring and summer. I can't wait for warmer weather period.

The vanilla mocha helped too. :)


More photos from our adventure...

Sage, Brian's brother's dog that hangs out with us a lot, got to go with us. We visited a few different places in the area and had lots of fun wondering around in the snow.

 We stopped in Roseberry, Idaho. It's a historic town between Cascade and McCall. It's a town where no one really lives and it's like an outdoor museum of old buildings and antiques. It's a neat place to visit.







 In McCall, over the frozen lake. We found a snowman that some people made and took some pictures with it. It was cool being on a lake, but kind of creepy too knowing what was under us.





These photos depict our view of the lake at dusk. So pretty!



Thanks for reading!

- MaryAnne 

[Almost all of these photos were taken by Brian.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!