Monday, November 28, 2011

Just Before Winter

Last week, I met with my sister to do family photos for her with her husband and their daughter Kataleena. It was cold and windy and kind of sucked altogether, but once we started doing photos it was fun. The park we went to was perfect for Fall photos. I was so in like with the location that I went back two days later to do photos with a model. You will be able to see photos from that shoot very soon.


Here is my sister with her adorable family...



The main subject of this entry is the outfit I wore that day. It was an accidental discovery really. I wasn't sure what to wear one day and I really loved that blazer I found at a thrift store and just really wanted to wear it. I really like the color combination and the belt made it look slimming. Dark natural colors look best on me. I really loved how complimentary the green tank went with the skirt and blazer.





Almost everything I am wearing is from thrift stores. The only things not from thrift stores are my leggings [$5 at Walmart] and the striped legwarmers sticking out from my boots. I got those at the dollar store! They have really neat Winter add-ons, especially legwarmers, knee-socks and tights. They have a huge selection of colors and patterns.

  

 

I have been practically living in my favorite boots. I love wearing them with short skirts and leggings and that tends to be my go-to look when the weather gets colder. The zippers are already breaking, but I love them too much to let them go so I plan to get the zippers replaced. Stupid plastic zippers.

 

I liked this outfit so much that I wore it on Thanksgiving to my uncle's for dinner. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve everyone from my mom's side gets together at one of the uncle's houses for dinner. I have five uncles on my mom's side and they are all married and have families and all their kids are older and creating families of their own. Brian and I don't plan on having kids anytime soon. We decided our first kid is going to be a puppy. I can't wait till we find a small house with a fenced in yard and we can get a dog. The place we live in right now is just a tad bit too small. It works for now. At least it's comfy and secluded. It will be nice during Winter.



Brian took these photos of me during our visit in the park. I loved the leaves!


 This is how annoying the wind was, but luckily it only happened in bursts.

Beside the annoying weather, it was a fun day. After pictures, Brian and I ate pizza slices bigger than our faces at Messenger's Pizza and then visited my mom for a little bit before Brain had to go to work. I wish we took pictures of those things. Brian's slice of pizza was ginormous!

Thanks for reading! Come back again!

Oh, and vote for my outfit on Chictopia

- MaryAnne

[The photos featured in this entry are half done by myself and my husband Brian. We have a photography business together where we do weddings, portraits, and such. Like us on facebook!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!